Wow, I haven’t posted in over two weeks. I’m sorry guys! Life has been a little hectic around here lately; between 2 jobs, a boyfriend, and a garden that seems to always need my attention, I haven’t had the time or energy to keep this little space of the internet up to date. But, I’m here now, and I bring with me some links! I’ve decided to move my weekly link post to Fridays so that you’ll have the whole weekend to read through them, and hopefully try some of them about. I hope to enjoy our new format of Links for the Weekend.
- Wow, these 5 Incredible Food Jobs You Didn’t Know Existed make me sure jealous and interested in exploring new food careers! I, for one, would love career #5 (master gardener) because I love being outside and getting my hands in the dirt.
- I love frozen peas. There, I said it. But Joe hates peas, so if I make something with peas in it, I know I will be eating it alone. Maybe one of these 10 Dinner Ideas with Frozen Peas will make him into a pea-lover. I can only try!
- This isn’t super bookish, but it feels bookish-adjacent, lol. But Downton Abbey is officially coming out with a movie! Production begins this summer and I could not be more thrilled 😀
- In writing news, this writer got 100 rejections in one year, and it really changes the way I think about success in terms of writing. It was one of my goals for this year to start submitting more of my writing, and I have yet to submit a single piece. So…yeah, I have a long way to go to get on this level of rejection.
- This article in the New York Times really hit home to me. While I do look forward to getting married again, and eventually having kids, for the past few years it has been so insulting to always have to answer the question “So when are you and Joe having kids?” With Joe going to school full-time and me working two jobs, a child would just not fit in with our lives right now. Plus, until recently, I could not even imagine myself having a child; it scared me to no end. I found this part of the article so on point: As a culture, we seem to thrive on judging other women, whether it’s their appearance (see every best-dressed list, ever) or what they should be allowed to do with their bodies (cast a glance at the headlines regarding the precarious future of Roe v. Wade). We are deeply uncomfortable with the idea of women on their own, navigating their own lives, let alone liking it. So please, for the love of all that is great in the world, stop questioning women’s decisions about their own lives; they do know their own minds.
- Were you one of the people who was enamored by Plane Bae this week? If so, you might want to check out this article on Vox and see the true Dark Side of Going Viral. It really made me think about these pop culture/viral internet sensations in a different light.